Pjila’si, Bienvenue, Fáilte, Welcome!
Welcome to Cruising‑Cape‑Breton.info; the essential, information‑filled resource. Whether you're a cruiser venturing to our island or a Cape Breton cruiser seeking new horizons, we have the up‑to‑date information you need. And it's all FREE! For many cruisers, Cape Breton Island is the Ultimate Cruising Destination.
Cruise Cape Breton: The Yachters’ Guide to the Bras d’Or LakesCalled "The Yachtsman's Guide" in early editions; changed to "The Yachters' Guide" for political correctness!ⓘ gave such information in book‑format. Published in 1974 and revised last in 1992, it's long out of print and surviving editions contain much misinformation. Later editions omitted several useful charts; chart and illustration quality was poor.
A lot has changed since Cruise Cape Breton was published; not only around the island but also in the way we communicate and navigate. Today, satellites and modern electronics let us navigate with precision. But, change is continuous; it makes guidebooks out‑of‑date before they are published. Cruising-Cape-Breton.info is the answer. The ‘What's New’ column shows how we strive to keep up with changes and improve the information's accuracy, utility, and presentation. Read What Cruisers Say about this site.
Internet access is available while under way; but in harbours and anchorages mobile phone signals are often nonexistent. So, documents linked to, or provided on this website, including eBooks of charts, are downloadable in PDF‑format. Print them or store them on a laptop or tablet for use on board. Look for the PDF symbol, or visit Downloads for what you need.
HELP! This website is a volunteer project that evolves to meet cruisers' needs. Keeping information up‑to‑date and relevant is important and time-consuming. Please contribute by providing suggestions, ideas, criticism, corrections, or additions. Or help by writing material for inclusion on this website. All input is welcome! You're all encouraged to take part. Your feedback is important. Contact Us!
This is a never‑ending project—check back for updates!
—Water Rat to Mole in The Wind in the Willows
—Alexander Graham Bell
—Sir Robin Knox-Johnston
- Internal Links are shown in RED
- External Links are shown in BLUE
- Information Pop-Ups like this
When using the App:
- Internal Links work without an Internet connection.
- External Links require an Internet connection.
- The info-tip symbol Hover over it and it pops up like this.ⓘ brings up information snippets
• Lennox Passage Bridge:Still no contract awarded for rehabilitation. Update
- Oct 17 - Marine Services Providers updated
- Oct 12 - Highlands Coast
- South Ingonish Hbr info updated
- MacLeods Point Harbour added
- Dingwall info updated
- Bay St Lawrence info updated
- Highlands Coast eBook updated
- Oct 09 - Weather updated
- Oct 04 - Ingonish Marina info updated
Oct 01 - CCB App new edition uploaded
- Sep 27 - Eateries updated
- Aug 31 - Links updated
- Aug 19 - CCB App new edition uploaded
- Aug 02 - Lennox Passage Br info updated
- Jul 30 - Eateries updated
- Jun 30 - CCB App new edition uploaded
- Jun 25
- Marinas updated
- Western Shore Photo Gallery added
- Jun 24 - Bras d'Or Lakes
- Malagawatch info updated
- Georges River info updated
- Big Harbour chart & info updated
- Bras d'Or Lakes eBook updated
- Jun 22 - Western Shore
- Grand Étang chart and info updated
- Western Shore eBook updated
- Jun 06 - Marine Services updated
- Jun 01 - CCB App new edition uploaded
- May 25
- Links updated
- Marine Services Providers revised
- May 23 - Chedabucto Bay
- Key chart updated
- D'Escousse chart minor revisions
- Bourgeois Inlet minor revisions
- Chedabucto Bay eBook updated
- May 20 - Eateries updated